Friday, November 25, 2011

runs on the horizon.

If you asked me 6 months ago if I ever thought I would be excited to run, my answer would most likely be NO! But now I have grown to-- not exactly love it, but enjoy it, and appreciate the fact that I CAN run. Running provides me a feeling of being alive. Feeling free. Feeling accomplished. Feeling motivated. Feeling To lace up my shoes and head to the open road for a run, it feels great. One of my favorite running quotes comes from John Bingham, he says "If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run." The words are true. If you can-- get out there and run, anyone can do it!! I have a couple runs set out for myself on the horizon. I have the Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon at The Happiest Place on Earth on January 29, 2012. 62 days til!!! An inaugural Disney run "for women, full of pixie dust and Never, Never Land adventure". A run with Team In Training, a run through Disneyland and the City of Anaheim. A fun run I truly look forward to! Run number two is the Inaugural Pasadena Rock n' Roll 1/2 Marathon on February 19, 2012. A run throughout the city of Pasadena, starting and ending at the infamous Rose Bowl. The place I train every Saturday with Team in Training. And my first Rock n' Roll event! Run number 3 is the Honda LA Marathon on March 18, 2012. It will be my first full marathon--26.2 miles-- and a run I am nervous for, but am quite excited for. Those 26.2 miles will be a journey... a challenge but I will train my hardest, a WILL run it!! The course is referred to as "The Stadium to the Sea". It starts at Dodger Stadium, goes through Downtown LA, Hollywood Boulevard, Sunset Strip, West Hollywood, Rodeo Drive, and Ocean Avenue in Santa Monica where it ends at the beach. A course full of many iconic sites that I look forward to run along! And finally, run number four is The inaugural Hollywood Half Marathon on April 7, 2012. They say the run is going to "tour the streets of LA like never before...Run down the World Famous Walk of Fame as thousands of spectators cheers your name!" It should be an exciting run! And the medal isn't too shabby either!
4 runs. 65.5 miles. The training continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment