Thursday, November 24, 2011

giving thanks.

Thanksgiving is here.

I feel as though this year has truly flown by, I have no idea where the days have gone.

I sit here reflecting on this past year and I realize there is much to be thankful for.

I am thankful for my family, my boyfriend, and my friends. For the memories that we have made. For our strengthened bonds. For the love we share.

I am thankful for life.

I am thankful for Team in Training. I have made countless memories with the Team this passed year. I have met an incredible amount of people-- that I met as strangers but am blessed to now call them my TNT family.I have grown as a person with their help. I have become stronger. I have become more alive. I have learned to grieve. I have released needed tears. I have been provided a great support system. I have become a runner. I am happy to have raised thousands of dollars for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I have accomplished goals I never thought possible-- complete 2 half marathons. I have become a Cancer Killer.

I am thankful for Thanksgiving last year. To be able to share that Thanksgiving with my dad, with family surrounding the table. To give thanks as one. I had no idea that last year would be our last Thanksgiving together. Had I known, I would have treasured the day more. But I still hold it in my heart, with every fiber of my being. It is a Thanksgiving I will always remember, A day I will always look back on fondly, A day I truly give thanks for.


No comments:

Post a Comment