Wednesday, November 30, 2011

improvements are being made. one run at a time.



In May when I started with Team in Training, for my first season, the very first practice we had was a pace assessment. In that 5k pace assessment my time was close to 45 minutes. I was just happy to finish those 3.1 miles. From someone who never ran more than a mile, and wasn't very physically fit at the time, I was content with that time, with hopes that I would improve. And I knew, that with the Team, I would run more miles than I ever expected myself to.

July 4, 2011 we had another pace assessment, another 5k, with my time being 39:29. Knocking about 5 minutes from my first 5k in less than 2 months of training. Amazing how a little training could go such a long way.

And last night November 29, 2011 I did another pace assessment. This time, my time was 35:08. My fastest 5k thus far with a pace of about 11:20/mi. Another improvement, another personal record. It may not be considered that great of a time to other people, but I see it as quite an accomplishment. 6 months ago I took close to 10 minutes longer running 3.1 miles. Being able to knock off those minutes from my time show me that I have grown as a runner, that with practice and consistency-- it pays off. Those 3.1 miles do not seem so difficult anymore. To me, those miles have led me on this journey, they mark my first day with Team in Training, they signify a life transformed.

There are many miles to be ran...the training continues.




No comments:

Post a Comment