Thursday, July 11, 2013

Will you PUNCH CANCER IN THE FACE with me?!

Hello spectacularly AMAZING friends and family! 

Well, as you most likely already know, I am currently training with TEAM IN TRAINING for The Nike Women's Marathon, in San Francisco which takes place October 20, 2013. 

2 years ago, I made a LIFE CHANGING decision, and joined TEAM IN TRAINING. I joined just 4 1/2 months after losing my dad to Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. Before Team in Training, after my dad passed I had more bad days than good, I had more tears shed than I could ever imagine, I had my spirit withering away and I had a heart breaking with every passing day. But from that first practice, that moment I met my Team--- everything changed. To witness such passion from teammates, to see their drive, their courage, their strength, their unbelievable support, to listening to their inspiring words—it is truly a site to see, it is ELECTRIFYING and I think it’s contagious!

My journey with my amazing TEAM has brought me such joy.. it has given me more good days than bad, more smiles than tears, a spirit fully alive and on fire, and a heart being put back together each passing day. I am honored to be a part of the team, to stand in their midst, to fight with them by my side for a cure, to be a CANCER KILLER and to call them my TNT family!

I am forever changed, forever inspired, forever motivated, forever a Cancer Killer.


I can proudly and happily say I have not been alone in my journey with Team in Training. My family and I have all taken an active roll with Team in Training. As you most likely know, my brother joined Team in Training a season after me, and my sister joined a season after that. We have been determined and passionate in running, and biking towards a cure for cancer. All in memory of our dad. With our mom as our #1 supporter, through our training and events. After 5 seasons of fundraising, and hundreds and hundreds of miles completed, with much support from incredible friends and family, WE have raised a total of $17,352.38 for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Incredible, right? I think so! But what I would love to see, is for us to exceed $20,000! And I know we will! And we will certainly go BEYOND!

I have been part of Team in Training for 4 UNFORGETTABLE seasons.
I've been a participant, a mentor for 3 seasons, and a Mission Captain. And here I am for season #5, right back where I started, as a participant.
This season I have a goal of raising $5,485.18. You may be wondering why $5,548.18?! Well ever if you aren't wondering, I am still going to tell you WHY! :)

I have chosen a goal of $5,485.18 because...
  • That is what I raised my first season with Team in Training in 2011
  • Why not set the bar high?
  • I know that with that money, so much GOOD can be done
  • If I raise it, as a family we will have exceeded $20,000 for LLS
  • If I reach the goal, my personal fundraising total, will be $13,975.36! And that is quite an AWESOME amount of money towards the cause.
  • I know the funds that I raise make a DIFFERENCE.
  • I’m improving the quality of my life by participating and with your support, I can help improve the quality of life for patients and their families as well.
  • I have a mission-to help find cures and more effective treatments for blood cancers
  • why not?!
  • with YOUR help, I CAN.

    If you are able to make a donation, please do http://pages.teamintraining.org/los/nikesf13/punchcancerintheface
    And if you can't, be sure to check back often to see my progress and how my training is going.

    Thanks for your continued SUPPORT!

    Many hugs!
    <3 Sam 

1 comment: