Wednesday, August 8, 2012

24. You were quite a year.

"I run because long after my footprints fade away, maybe I will have inspired a few to reject the easy path, hit the trails, put one foot in front of the other, and come to the same conclusion I did: I run because it always takes me where I want to go.”
― Dean Karnazes
 
During my year as a 24 year old, I accomplished things I never thought I would. 
I completed not one but FOUR half marathons. The Disneyland half marathon in September, Nike Women's half marathon in October, the Tinkerbell half marathon in January, and the Pasadena Rock n Roll in February. That is 52.4 miles. 52.4 miles, I never would have been able to complete, had it not been for Team in Training

I found PASSION.
I found DRIVE.
I found MYSELF.
I found a POET.
I found FRIENDS.

I found FAMILY. 
I found CANCER KILLERS.
I found my TEAM.
I found a FUEL, a FIRE, and a FIGHT within. 
I found a BETTER me

I found ups and downs in training. I found joy in crossing finish lines and the hugs and high fives that come with it. I found many tears down cheeks as events were completed. I found accomplishment. I found belief in myself.

I also found the pain in not finishing an event. I found disappointment. I found injury. I found frustration. I found being upset beyond belief. I found myself sitting on a curb 12 miles into the LA Marathon, with tears down my face, pain in my leg, unable to move on. I found comfort from my team. I found a marathon, not completed.

But the training continued on. And I have taken on another challenge. I am here with my revenge on 26.2 

25 is my year to complete 26.2. Nike Women's Marathon, I am here to conquer you in October! And get that Tiffany necklace around my neck. 

I am already registered for a few races, and I can't wait to cross those finish lines. 25, is going to be my year. Get ready!


If you want to make my 25th year great, consider making a donation to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. http://pages.teamintraining.org/los/nikesf12/sceleraMany thanks, many hugs.

Be happy. Be extraordinary. Be you.
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment